What we do

What we do


You have made the difficult decision to end your relationship and start divorce proceedings.
What do you do next? You may be confused by all the information on the internet, your friends and family may have given you conflicting advice, you don’t know where to turn.
We can guide you through the process and ensure it goes as smoothly as possible.
In England and Wales you can divorce on one of the following grounds:

  • Adultery
  • Unreasonable behaviour
  • 2 years separation by consent
  • 5 years separation
  • Desertion

Phone 01952 466947 and make a free convenient appointment to discuss your options.

Financial matters following divorce and separation

Do you need to resolve financial matters but don’t know where to start, you may have a house, savings, pensions, cars, jewellery, investment policies.
The Court has the power to make certain orders on divorce, they can include lump sum awards, transfer of properties, pension sharing orders and/or spousal maintenance.
You may have heard about mediation, your friends and family may have scared you with tales of expensive court proceedings. Your other half may have control of all the finances, you don’t know where to turn to.
You may have tried to talk to the other half but it just ends in arguments and you both get frustrated. We can help by explaining the process in simple terms, we can guide you and support you.
You may not know where to start so make a free confidential appointment to discuss your options.


Not ready to take that final step and commence divorce proceedings, you don’t want to allege unreasonable behaviour and adultery is not appropriate. Maybe its religious reasons stopping you, whatever the reasons you still want to resolve the financial matters and reach an agreement.

Come and discuss your options in a free confidential appointment. Call 01952 466947

Pre-nuptial agreements

Are you getting married but want to protect your family wealth, are you marrying for a second time and want to protect the children’s future inheritance.
There are strict rules surrounding pre-nups so it is very important that you take some financial advice otherwise they will not be binding.

Domestic violence injunctions

Is your partner being abusive to you? Are you scared? Are you living on tenterhooks waiting for he/she to come home? Do they control all of your money?
The government definition of domestic violence is:
any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive, threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are, or have been, intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality. The abuse can encompass, but is not limited to:

  • psychological
  • physical
  • sexual
  • financial
  • emotional

Do you need protection from your partner, family member or even your children or parents?
Do you need some urgent advice? Phone 01952 466947 and make a free convenient appointment to discuss your options.
You may be able to obtain a non-molestation order to stop your partner being violent or making threats against you, contacting you on social media or harassing you.

Disputes concerning children, including international relocation matters

Has your partner stopped you seeing the children, are they dictating to you when you can and can’t see the children.
Has your partner taken the children and you don’t know where they are?
Is your partner threatening to remove the children to the other side of the country?
Do you want to relocate to another country with the children but your ex refuses to consent?
We can help with all of these issues, we have a special interest in children matters and have considerable experience in matters of international relocation. Rachel McGrath is a qualified Solicitor in Australia having qualified in Western Australia in 2016.

We can represent you in all aspects of children cases and can act quickly in emergency cases. Phone for an appointment on 01952 466947

Cohabitation disputes

There is no such thing as “common law husband or wife”, there is no rights to cohabiting couples similar to married couples. This is a very tricky and complicated area of law and you may need some specialist advice. If so then please call us on 01952 466947 to arrange a free confidential appointment.

Contact us for more information about how RJS Family Law Solicitors Telford can help you or call 01952 466947